Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Still where i am 10 days ago...

As I am bloging this, I am currently still on Trident-17 for performing the standby duty that was assigned to me since the early of Jan 2009. From the first day that I have arrive, today have already been the eleventh day that I am here, doing nothing and just waiting for the time to come for the job to complete or finish drilling where it would also be the time for me to return back to my home sweet home. For the past 11 days, I have been doing nothing other than sleep, watching tv / movie, reading books, shower, eat, shit and the whole cycle continues. What is the worst part is that the feeling of able to go home and then suddenly being changed and things do not go according to plan and I get stranded longer and longer here, with nothing much to do and accomplish. Only waiting for the job to complete and then to leave, that is the worst feeling ever, but I have got no choice as it is part of my job.

Been waiting for the job to come to an end, but seems like not happening yet, seems like coming to an end, but eventually things get screwed up when you think it is going fine and the next minute, it is screwed up and then the whole job is delayed. At first, thought can go back by Sunday, then the engine got problem, delayed 2 days. Then fixed, start to drill, then got some losses while drilling and then delayed another 2 days and now back on track for drilling. How to know what will happen next? You can’t know for sure at all. It is so flexible that it can change within minute.

What is on my mind now? I am hoping that the job end as soon as possible and then also for me to return home safely, quickly and healthy condition. I would like to go home to my love ones and those that I love, also to see my little puppy, Jack. If all goes well, I should be on my way back to home by this weekend. Today has already been my 11th day out here, may it come to an end soon. Cheers.

No comments: